At Dines Green Primary School and Nursery we aim to make maths memorable through frequent exposure to mathematical language and abstract problems, fluent approach to teaching and learning in order to create mathematicians whom can demonstrate mathematical flair.
The core aim and principle of the maths curriculum is to ensure that all children develop and or master:
- Value: A secure and fluent understanding of the value of number
- Place Value: A secure and fluent understanding of the value of a digit based on the place in which it is represented.
- Equivalent and different value: Encompassing all four calculations (+, - , x and ÷)
- Known and unknown value identification: Children will be able to use and apply mathematical understanding and calculation knowledge to solve known and missing values such as in a number sentence.
The above will be achieved in maths at Dines Green Primary School by:
- Providing the children with a learning environment that encourages the exploration of mathematical equipment which in turn directly supports the development of their written maths ability and thus finally their abstract (mental) mathematical ability
Times Table Rockstars
We have now launched TT Rock stars.
Times Tables Rock Stars is a carefully sequenced programme of daily times tables practice. Each week concentrates on a different times table, with a recommended consolidation week for rehearsing the tables that have recently been practiced every third week or so. This format has very successfully boosted times tables recall speed for hundreds of thousands of pupils over the last 7 years in over 4500 schools - both primary and secondary - worldwide.
The times tables are the basics of maths. If you know the basics, you’ll find the rest much easier.
If you would like to access the parent guide and how you can support your child at home with online games, collect a parent’s guide from the school office or download the guides below.