SEND (Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities)
Dines Green Community Academy and Nursery is able to support SEND pupils in a variety of ways to reach their full potential.
Our Special Educational Needs coordinator is Mrs Louise Fisher
Our Governor with responsibility for SEND is Mrs Diane Brown
Every pupil at Dines Green has the opportunity to follow all National Curriculum subjects.
We are committed to narrowing the attainment gap between SEND and non-SEND pupils. We do this through a variety of different provisions which may include speech and language programs (such as Language for Learning), short term specific interventions (for example Rapid Reading and phonics interventions) and movement programs (e.g Jimbo Fun Box).
Children are identified as having SEND when their progress has slowed or stopped and the interventions, resources etc. put in place do not enable improvement. This can be identified through a variety of ways including:
- concerns raised by parents/carers, teachers or the child
- liaison with previous school or setting
- limited progress being made and performance below age expected levels
- health diagnosis
- liaison with external agencies and professionals
- termly progress meetings and progress tracking by staff and SENDCo